8.18.2009

So I look in your direction, but you pay me no attention, do you?

My Coldplay playlist has been my lullaby for the past few days now.
The lyrics on the title are from the song 'Shiver' by Coldplay... listen to it NOW if you must. their music is just so laid back and relaxing.. not too rockish, not too loud - it's perfect enough to get me drifting into my dreams within seconds. Coldplay might be so last year, but their music lives on forever. (then again, it's not like they died either... it sounds like i should be saying that about MJ - cheers to the King of Pop.)

Yeah, i've been sleeping late again these days... not to mention that it doesn't help at all, but contribute to the beautiful black circles around my eyes. It's not that bad... i'm sure you're imagining a panda sitting cross-legged on the bed typing on a laptop right now... not quite, but close. :)

I'm in the philippines right now, blogging my boredom out. I know.... i should be out instead right? But getting around here is not that easy... you'll need a car to take you to places because cars are the safest mode of transport here in the phils... and public transport - hmmm... not so much. heck, it's not as convenient as hong kong.. which im starting to miss a lot.

Well for the past few days, I've been going out... shopping to be exact. But honestly, i love the malls here 900x more than the ones back at home, because they've got better stores (like forever 21, people are people, bigger zaras and mngs - and to say that hong kong is more "international"... pshh) and better things to sell for a reasonable price. When i think about it, hong kong seriously overprices every single thing!! I'm not dissing hong kong... afterall, its my home... but really they just do tend to overprice everything... even a la carte McDonald's burgers.

And aside from shopping, i've been helping out my cousin with her invites for her 18th birthday debut coming up in 25 days.. and to be quite frank, im excited for her as well. It's not those cheesy fancy debuts (don't get me wrong, those debuts are beautiful) that typically every filipina girl has had, but she's having hers in a fancyshmancy club at eastwood... more of a gimmick. i'm looking forward to that.
Well about her invite, i stayed up with her last night designing her invite... and we're quite proud with the outcome.. i'm quite proud of myself.... well every artist should be happy with their work if it's good right? :)

here's a little preview of our jolly success.

And because the invite was such a success last night, it got me thinking ahead with some of the things i'd want to get started with when i fly back to hong kong in a few days.

First off: (credits to kristine for helping me discover about fashiontoast and to my cousin for lookbook)
After I saw fashiontoast, I was completely inspired by the beautiful photography and rumi's unique fashion sense... and if you haven't noticed by now, I have a particularly huge interest in fashion. :) and seeing some of the most jawdroppingly, creative, unique, down to earth outfits i've ever seen around lookbook got me all fueled up and interested in fashion photography... it got me thinking for a couple of nights now and i've decided to start a lookbook... so make sure you look out for that in the coming future. i hope i'll be updating frequently with my blog here and lookbook at the same time, since you know there's only 9 days till the end of the world- i mean school starts again.
Anyways, check out these two sites if you're interested!!



Well, thats about all the things i have running in my mind for now.
I'm all out of things to say.. hope this makes up for the 10 days i haven't updated.

...back to listening to Coldplay!! peace.

xx
aids.


P.S. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! although im not in hong kong, I STILL LOVE YOU! :)) Hope you had fun on your birthday celebration last weekend. MISS YOU!! Love from all of us here!!

10 comments:

kristinesage said...

yes fashiontoast knocks my socks off :)

andd wow! nice! gimmick debut! that's genius! i should've thought of that! :) hahah! that would be a blast :D hope your cousin gets her kick out of her glamorous 18th birthday partay.
i do love the preview, i do. so artistic, and chic, and laid-back. LOVE it.

and yes, i know what you mean by desperately needing a car in manila. i get that too! :( but hey, it's all good. breathe manila (or baguio) air HEHEH:D it's good enough. GO tricycle to your closest SM or something =) or joyride. LMAO.

aids said...

yeahhh, i've never heard of a gimmick debut, but it sounds fun.. i seriously can't wait. :)
and thank youuu, we stayed up late workin on it... :D

we'll im near a mall actually, but it's a busted up, old mall.. there's not much to shop there really. and yeah i'll take public transport when im armed. :) im in metro mnl so yeahh. i'll be back though.

& thank you talaga for showing me fashiontoast... it seriously gave me motivation... actually more of an epiphany. :) THANKS LOADS!!

xx

terepod said...

lookbook girls are the best not going to lie....

i also like your invites. good stuff "aids" you did a good job.

keep writing. keep having fun in the philipines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aids said...

lol, well im just about to become one of the best too then if i join lookbook. :)

thank youuu... i just EDITED it really... and made it better lmao. :)

and i will, i dont really have stuff to say all the time... unless i have an epiphany or something that really gets my mind goin and thinking... :) i will... i'll be back in hoko in a few days.. boo. :(

have fun there in hk too, you'll be needing it cause there's only 8 days till school! :P

xx

Michelle Jo said...

helllooo heres your comment (:
can i come for your cousins debut? i wna see ham. HAHAH
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

terepod said...

wooo lookbook girl!!!

can't wait till your back to the real world. can i come to your cousins debut too? i wanna see ham!! :)

aids said...

lmaoo... both of you... its a CLOSED party... sorry. ;) maybe next time...

i'll take pictures for you guys though. :D

and yes... i can't wait for the real world... boy im excited. :/

katrina, said...

HI ADIE :) dropping byyy. i'm unsure of whether or not i should reopen my blogspot. keep blogging :D

ps: I LOVE LOOKBOOK zomg.

Unknown said...

hey adieee, yeah HK stuff can b expensive, but food here is too... anyways.. school starts tomorrow for me... >.< don't forget to check out my site tooo.. its jacso.hk/nathan

miss u, and god bless!
nate

Genesis Asis said...

hey you =)

you're away in india right now. i don't know when you're gonna see this but I MISS YOU! =/ come back to me soon baby girl :)

and oh hey.. i love you =)

Genesis.

04 + 09 = 13 :D